ENJOY



Enjoy these views of the chaotic world around us. Click on "Pages" in the right column below my bio for additional expressions of life in the fast lane. Share your thoughts by contacting me at mmjagger1946@gmail.com

Sunday, August 21, 2016

LYING IN BED: MEDITATION 1



                                                         Circling the Moon
 

I’m ready to fall asleep.

I’m ready to be released, ready to have some unseen presence sprinkle angel dust upon my waiting body.

I lie here, millions of thoughts darting in and out, like the fire flies I use to try to catch, with my mason jar, three holes punched into the top and grass popping up helter skelter, anchored by stones plunked down in the bottom of the jar.

Fireflies flit and dart the way my mind does, lying here waiting for the angel dust, not settling my mind.

I tug at the blankets, covering my fully clothed body, socks and all, and I drift off—

I’m circling the moon.  I don’t know how.  I drift up and flit and blink out messages in Morse code like the fire flies do, mimicking them on the moon and stretching my body in downward dog to view fire flies below.  I am beguiled by them, under their hypnotic spell.

Both fire flies and I, each, stinging the black night with light, one dot matrix of hope, not insignificant.

Angel dust falls gently from the universe beyond, covering me in a white powder, aglow in silver, as millions of random fireflies blink upward, winking at me.   I float effortlessly around the moon.






No comments:

Post a Comment